Micruity helps Americans retire securely
Micruity is on a mission to make secure retirement income accessible to all Americans. Too many people get to retirement age and are forced to figure out how to make a lump sum of money last over an unpredictable lifetime.
Micruity provides the data network that enables the pensionization of defined contribution plans. Plan recordkeepers, life insurers, asset managers, and other vendors can easily build and distribute lifetime income products using Micruity’s infrastructure and API-based application development suite. Micruity’s solution enables a more efficient, cost effective and secure ecosystem where all stakeholders in the retirement market can flourish. The end result: individuals have access to retirement income products through their 401(k) plan, getting them a step closer to their financial wellness goals.
Micruity has the talent and financial backing to succeed
With backing from leading investors in the insurtech and fintech space and a management team with almost 50 years of collective entrepreneurial experience, Micruity has the expertise it needs to revolutionize the retirement industry in a meaningful way. We reward big thinkers, hard workers, ambition, and honesty. Our team is full of fun-loving professionals, and we enjoy happy hours and spending time together at industry events. Not a requirement, but nerding out over math happens often.
Who we’re looking for
The Business Analyst is responsible for supporting critical client onboarding projects. These projects involve working with 401(k) recordkeepers, life insurers, asset managers to integrate their products and processes through the Micruity data infrastructure platform.
Micruity’s services are revolutionizing the retirement industry in a new, innovative way, so the Business Analyst will work with a high level of ambiguity and have to be quick to recognize both opportunities to explore and challenges to solve. The Business Analyst will work closely with the Product Manager and Implementation Manager to map and translate data flows and chart processes across the stakeholder ecosystem. The goals of the Business Analyst are to document stakeholders’ requirements and enable a smoothly operating end to end engagement. Based on client feedback and additional client needs, the Business Analyst will suggest ways to improve Micruity’s processes and explore new product innovations. This role is part of Micruity’s Product Operations team.
What you’ll do
- Support the creation of a project plan that captures the interdependencies, activities and timeframes of key activities owned by Micruity and all stakeholders (recordkeeper, asset manager, insurer, etc.)
- Identify and communicate product or process issues that may surface
- Drive and develop business requirements and test plans for client and internal business and technology teams
- Document the workflows for data exchanges, API usage, and user interfaces between stakeholders
- Map data elements and translations among all stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Participate in development opportunities including training
- Practice effective project management: apply company methodology, enforce standards, minimize exposure to risk and ensure completion of projects
- Perform additional duties as requested
- Experience working directly with product teams
- Ability to work with ambiguity and to develop creative solutions when obstacles arise
- Exposure to product and plan rules migration and set-up
- Efficient and well organized
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills, including the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Pleasant and confident demeanor when dealing with colleagues and clients
- Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams
- Entrepreneurial attitude; willing to roll up their sleeves and solve complex, all-hands-on-deck problems, helping out other departments as necessary
Nice to Have
- 5+ years of experience in the Financial Services industry (Defined Contribution Plan administration, Annuity product design or operations, etc.)
- Experience working in an AGILE environment
- Experience developing and implementing processes for a new business or new product introduction
- Experience working with large datasets
- Retirement and/or Annuity industry certification will be added advantage
- Ability to legally work in the US
Micruity is growing quickly, and we are continuously looking for more ways to show our appreciation to our dedicated team members. We offer competitive health coverage, a generous vacation policy, occasional happy hours/lunches/outings and a remote work environment.
Micruity celebrates and supports difference and recognizes that having a diverse workforce benefits our employees, our products, our culture and the communities in which we work. Micruity is an equal opportunity employer, and employment decisions are based solely on a person’s qualifications and merit as directly related to professional competence. We are dedicated to reaching a diverse candidate pool and hiring the person who is the best fit for the job. Micruity does not discriminate based on race, citizenship, ancestry, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Micruity’s EEO policy has the full and complete support of the Company, including its Chief Executive Officer and Board.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.